High school graduating seniors and adults are eligible to apply for this free 6-week program
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• Receive guidance from a Career Coach and develop a personal career plan
• Guaranteed interview with local manufacturer
• Develop workplace & personal skills through manufacturing-related learning
• Enter into a career pathway and succeed in skilled manufacturing production
• Gain the basic skills for entry into more advanced manufacturing skill training
• This is a training program valued at over $3,000 and is paid for through a grant
• Training classes will be held in Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties
• All classes will start in July
Students that successfully complete this program will earn six manufacturing credentials. These credentials include: WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), OSHA-compliant 10 hour safety for general industry, and the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician (MSSC CPT) credential. Successful completers will also be prepared to enter an entry-level manufacturing job.
The Oh-Penn Manufacturing Collaborative, including Mahoning Valley Manufacturers Coalition, is an active partner in the program, and members prefer to hire program graduates.
INTERESTED STUDENTS SHOULD CALL CYNTHIA GRIER at 330-965-1787 x7144