Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh non-agricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.