Who is ERMP?
The Erie Regional Manufacturer Partnership (ERMP) was formed in 2014 by a group of 20 local manufacturers, that in total employ 9,106 individuals, to develop and implement a plan that will result in the ability to identify, qualify, and recruit individuals for employment and training to meet the skilled workforce needs of supporting companies and to create greater opportunities for individuals in the community to enter into and advance along manufacturing career pathways. This grassroots effort is led by industry partners to collectively identify needs and champion solutions as it relates to developing a robust pipeline and producing a skilled workforce.
For more information please view our:
– Partner Program Links (Career Street, Career Link, Manufacturer & Business Association, Erie Regional Chamber & Growth Partnership)
Why We Formed:
Manufacturers face current and future needs for skilled workers that threaten the competitiveness and growth of the local industry. There are a variety of contributing factors, including:
- Growth – While manufacturing showed a decline during the recession, the industry gained nearly 3,000 jobs back in the five years since in Northwest Pennsylvania and is poised for additional growth.
- Older Workers – Many Baby Boomers are retiring or about to retire. Many of them are in the most skilled positions. This will increase the demand even further.
- Weak Talent Pipeline – Not enough people (especially young people) are choosing to enter into manufacturing careers due to misperceptions about the industry.
ERMP is leading a collaborative approach among manufacturers, educators, workforce development professionals, and other leaders to align efforts and create a mechanism for ongoing dialogue to ensure manufacturing remains a strong contributor to the regional economy. Through this demand-driven approach, ERMP has engaged community stakeholders, identified issues, root causes, solutions and has implemented an action plan to answer the workforce needs in the region.
Are You Interested in Becoming a Member?
ERMP relies on the investment of its members — but the return is even greater. Annual Contributions ensure the partnership is addressing issues to build a regional workforce that is ready to meet the needs of today’s manufacturing environment. Member contributions are due at the time of application; checks will be payable to Erie Regional Manufacturer Partnership.
- Founding Companies / Board of Directors – $3,000
- Manufacturing Companies:
- More than 250 employees – $2,000
- More than 100 employees – $1,000
- More than 25 employees – $750
- 25 or less employees – $500
- Non-Manufacturing Companies – $500
- Education and Training Organizations – $500
- Economic Development / Community / Government / Non-Profits – $500
- Individuals – $100
How to Become Involved:
Please View/Print the Application
Fill Out the Interest Form Below